Joint Services and Activities Supported by the Office, Secretary of the Army Information Technology Specialist (SYSANALYSIS/PLCYPLN) in Arlington, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:The incumbent of this position will serve as an IT Specialist (SYSANALYSIS/PLCYPLN) for the Department of Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA). The Army Review Boards Agency, on behalf of the Secretary of the Army, serves as the highest administrative level for review of personnel actions taken by lower levels of the Army and administers 15 boards, and provides oversight of the Army Corrections System (Army prison system) and law enforcement.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Information Technology Management Responsible for the development of a wide range of plans for installing, configuring, and maintaining Agency IT hardware and business application software. Coordinates and schedules the installation of a variety of new hardware and business application software. Coordinates the re-installation of complex business software needed due to system corruption, conflicts, or user induced operating errors.
- Coordinates support efforts and performs as an interface between customers and the local DOIM for the establishment, changes/modifications or deletion of NIPR accounts. Attend monthly IMO Round Table meetings facilitated by the local DOIM for HQDA changes and implementations affecting computers and servers.
- Performs needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions; researches trends and patterns, consults with customers to identify and specify requirements; develops overall functional and systems requirements and specifications; conducts feasibility studies and cost benefit analyses.
- Provides a broad range of technical IT support to Agency personnel to include personnel located at remote sites. Performs as an IT problem solver and advisor for business application hardware and software. Provides operational support for ancillary hardware such as fax machines, printers, scanners, CAC Readers, VCRs and Video Tele-Conferencing (VTC) equipment. Coordinates repair actions and upgrades.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel may be required approximately 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Conducting high-level technical analyses of the functional and management aspects of IT programs and projects; Mastery in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to a broad range of Information Technology functional areas related to quality practices, process mapping and process improvement. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Ability to perform technical IT program analysis and development
- Knowledge of information technology policy and planning
- Skill in performing program management functions
- Skill communicating orally
- Skill communicating in writing
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-12 grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- An Annual Financial Statement is required to be filed annually.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. [Delete this statement if this announcement will only be used to fill one position]
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474478300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-07-31
Salary: $94,796 to $123,234 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Series: 2210 Information Technology Management
Appointment type: Term NTE 30 SEPT 2019
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: NCHT178890851987101
Control number: 474478300