Albemarle County Food Service Manager IV in Albermale, Virginia
Food Service Manager IVMonticello High School
Full-Time (8 hours per day), 10-Months Pay Grade 11
The* Food Service Manager IV*is responsible for planning, administering and evaluating an efficient operation of the school cafeteria in order to provide appealing and nutritional meals with positive customer service for the students, staff and all customers. Responsible for managing a school cafeteria within the guidelines and regulations of the National School Meal Program, State and County government and local health department. Level IV Managers serve the most customers (i.e., meal equivalents), are responsible for the largest number of employees and labor hours, and are assigned exclusively to high school facilities. Essential functions include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides written and verbal instruction for the day’s duties;
- Completes and provide required paperwork such as deposit slips, invoices, state reports and timesheets to CNP central office with accuracy and in a timely manner;
- Maintains cafeteria operation according to local health codes;
- Participates and assist in interviews and in the selection of cafeteria employees for vacancies in cooperation with the Child Nutrition Office in accordance with approved personnel procedure;
- Maintains files of correspondence, policies, inventory and reports;
- Supervises and evaluate cafeteria work performance, to include administering counseling and corrective disciplinary actions as required.
- Coordinate staff coverage during absences within cafeterias.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by the supervisor;
- Operates cafeteria with fiscal responsibility;
- Prepares food and supply orders, receive deliveries and maintain inventory;
- Prepares food production sheets, HACCP logs, cash reports with accuracy and in a timely manner;
- Plans and prepares menus within regulation of the National School Meal Program and adjusts menus based on student requests and consumption;
- Prepares and delivers bank deposits as needed;
- Operates and supervises the Point of Service system, meal account reports and closing and cash handling procedures;
- Corresponds with parent/guardian regarding student meal accounts, food intolerances and any questions or concerns.
- Works with building principal to maintain smooth scheduling and operation of the School Lunch Program on site, to include opening kitchen, and unlocking and checking equipment;
- Aids in and supervises preparation of food and service cleaning of the kitchen and all equipment;
- Reports cafeteria maintenance and repairs;
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in planning and cafeteria promotions and with school activities, and works cooperatively with students and staff;
- Ensures excellent customer service and attains feedback;
- Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of experience and education equivalent to high school graduation, supplemented by business courses and four years of experience in quantity food production in a school setting. Must maintain a food service manager certification in food safety and sanitation (ServSafe).
Considerable knowledge of food service production and management serving a large number of customers. Ability to supervise and lead others in an efficient operation and with good customer service; basic math skills; ability to count money and understand concepts of running a cash register, professional verbal and written communication; communicate and develop effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty and customers. Ability to use computer and email applications.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:** Works in cafeteria setting with kitchen, serving lines and storage areas. Extended periods of standing required. Frequent bending and lifting of food containers, food and pots weighing 10-30 pounds is required. Occasional bending and lifting up to 45 pounds of items such as cases of food. Occasional exposure of damp floors, steam from equipment and potentially caustic cleaning materials is necessary. Use of institutional kitchen equipment, such as ovens, slicers, steamers, dish machine and similar items. Daily contact with principal, school staff, teachers, parents, students and delivery person. Occasional contact is made with vendors, distributors and repair persons.
SALARY:**Hiring Range: $16.17 - $19.40/per hour based on qualifications and internal equity
Internal candidates will receive pay adjustments in accordance with County School Board Policy, GCBA-R.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Until Filled
Primary Location: Child Nutrition Program
Salary Range: Per Hour, depending on education, experience and internal equity
Shift Type: Full-Time